Ice cream has a long and fascinating history, dating back thousands of years.
- It is believed that the Chinese were the first to create a frozen dessert made from milk and rice. This dessert was flavored with spices and was a popular treat among the wealthy.
- The Greeks and Romans also enjoyed frozen desserts, which were made by mixing snow with honey and fruit.
- During the Middle Ages, sorbets and ice creams were introduced in Europe, and were typically made from fruit juices, honey, and snow or ice.
- In the 16th century, Italian chefs began experimenting with new flavors and ingredients, such as eggs, cream, and sugar, to create more luxurious and creamy ice creams.
- Ice cream became increasingly popular in Europe, and was brought to the United States by immigrants in the 1700s. At this time, ice cream was still a luxury item, and was typically only enjoyed by the wealthy.
- 19th and 20th centuries: With the invention of ice cream making machines and improvements in refrigeration technology, ice cream became more affordable and widely available to the general public. New flavors and styles, such as ice cream cones and sundaes, were also introduced during this time.
Today, ice cream remains a popular dessert all around the world, with countless flavors and variations to choose from. From peanut butter, chocolate and even Quebec blue cheese to dairy-free vegan chocolate and Ontario strawberry, we offer a wide range of popular as well as creative unique flavours.